December 27, 2003

Recollections of 2003...2

I've learnt more in my Honours year than I have from the earlier 3 years in the University. Getting into Hons prog came as a surprise to me and I still remain very thankful for having the opportunity to be part of the class.

Even though I shall always remember the despondent state I was in when one day, A/P Schmidt called me into office and told me the draft of 3 chapters I handed in were too 'problematic'. In all my years of schooling, that was the first time my morale plunged to rock bottom. I remember Paul was so very encouraging in the Hons room, giving me suggestions on how to re-do it. I remember meeting up with Eugene after that to go play pool simply cos I needed distractions. I remember what he said about not being too disappointed cos whatever happens, I have a lot of people who cares about me and will support me. I remember nodding my head, telling him I will not be disheartened cos I know there are many who are behind me. =) Thank you, Eugene, if you are reading this.

My thesis was around 16000 words - the lengthiest piece I ever wrote. Admittedly, I am more pleased with the acknowledgement page than I am with the thesis proper. hehe. But, above all, I delight from having learnt so much from my profs, esp Prof Chua, in the one year, and having shared the year with a group of classmates who grew to be friends.

Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 16:15